Our multiple communications services at ESD 105 assist in promoting the programs and activities of the agency itself, and are available to meet the individual promotional needs of our schools on a fee for service basis.
School Promotional Services:ESD 105 offers publication, media, and other promotional communication services to area schools. Available fee-based services include:
• Writing and/or designing school newsletters
• Video projects (Watch this sample informational video that ESD 105 produced for the Kittitas School District's successful bond vote in 2000.)
• Graphic design
• Special publications (such as school election information)
• News release development and distribution
• Logo design & integrated organizational marketing image development
• Media relations for special events
View the ESD 105 Communications Services handout for more details.
Bringing You Added Assistance From Other ESDs:To expand the potentially available communication outreach services for our region's school districts and private schools, ESD 105 is part of a School Communications Collaborative with the communication and marketing staffs of ESD 123 (Pasco), ESD 112 (Vancouver), and Northwest ESD 189 (Anacortes).Through this network of four school support organizations, ESD 105 is able to assist you in a range of services that include:
• Bargaining communications (negotiation and strike communications)
• Bond and levy communications
• Brand development
• Communications audits
• Communications training for school staff
• Crisis communications support
• Focus group facilitation and public opinion surveying
• Graphic design
• Media relations
• Printing services
• Social media strategy
• Strategic communications planning
• Video production
• Website development
See the second page of the School Communications Collaborative handout for descriptions on each of these areas!
"Unleashed" Student Journalism ProgramThe Yakima Herald-Repbulic newspaper's "Unleashed" student journalism feature was launched in 1999, and in 2009 became funded thorugh an ESD 105 cooperative that currently involves several school districts (East Valley, Selah, West Valley, Yakima, and Zillah) plus La Salle High School and Riverside Christian School. The Unleashed section is published in the newspaper on the 4th Sunday of the month and contains features, columns, reviews, photography, and illustrations by a team of area high school students.