Safety Committee Information
WAC 296-800-130 - Safety Committees:
The safety committee is a way to communicate and evaluate safety and health issues brought up by employees in the workplace.
Your safety committee must comprise of employee elected and employer selected members. Employee elected members must equal or exceed the number of employer selected members.
The term of employee elected members must be a maximum of one year. There is no limit to the number of terms an employer representative can serve.
The safety committee must cover these topics:
• Review safety and health inspection reports to help correct safety hazards
• Evaluate the accident investigations conducted since the last meeting to determine if the cause of the unsafe situation was identified and corrected.
• Evaluate your workplace accident and illness prevention program and discuss recommendations for improvement, if needed.
• Doucument attendance and subjects discussed.
• Preserve minutes from the meeting for at least one year.