Classified Employee of the Year
Nominations for the 2022 ESD 105 Regional Classified School Employee of the Year have already closed. Our 2022 Regional Classified Employee of the Year will be announced this spring.
The Classified Employee of the Year award honors an outstanding secretary, custodian, cook, paraprofessional, bus driver, or other classified school staff member. OSPI traditionally announces the Washington State Classified School Employee of the Year award during the late spring. For further details about this program, go to OSPI's Classified Employee of the Year page.
Previous recipients of the ESD 105 Regional Classified Employee of the Year:
- 2020: Karla Hill, special education paraprofessional, Cle Elum-Roslyn School District
- 2019: Lola Sarsfield, special education paraprofessional, Mt. Adams School District
- 2018: Reed Hornung, athletic director, Sunnyside School District
- 2017: Dan Holzer, custodian, Terrace Heights Elementary School (East Valley School District)
- 2016: David Hinojosa, intervention coordinator, Harrison Middle School (Sunnyside School District)
- 2015: Pam Gamache, K-5 paraprofessional, Adams Elementary School (Wapato School District)
- 2014: Donna Kelly, guidance specialist, Stanton Academy (Yakima School District)
- 2013: Cynthia Cisneros, special education paraprofessional, Artz-Fox Elementary (Mabton School District)
- 2012: David Peterson, network operations manager, Sunnyside School District
- 2011: Sara Benjamin, math paraprofessional, Wahluke High School
- 2010: Joy Kaasa, special education paraeducator, Wahluke School District