supporting migrant students in ELA
The following are English Language Arts (ELA) services that we offer, but are not limited to:
- Instructional coaching and lesson demonstrations
- Understanding, assessing, and monitoring student assessment data
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC) support
- Science of Reading Training
- Biliteracy foundations
- Literacy foundations
- Best practices in literacy instruction
- Migrant Lifestyle Library
- Wordless book strategies
- Content Area Literacy
For specific support in P-3 early literacy, contact Maggie Mendoza.
Our MEP team is eager to collaborate with you and your district to develop professional learning opportunities to better support your Migrant students.
ELA and Language Acquisition We understand that a large population of Migrant students are multi-lingual learners and we also offer language acquisition support services. Here are a few of the services that we offer:
- Effective ELA strategies for Multilingual Learners
- Educational Equity for ELs and Migratory students
- WIDA standards, language acquisition, and bilingual education training
- Supporting multilingual learners in the classroom
- Building Academic Vocabulary
- Oral language strategies and routines
- Reading and Writing small group strategies
For a more comprehensive list, contact Samantha Ruiz-Thomas or see our Language Acquisition page.