ESD 105 partners with districts serving Multilingual/English Learners, offering support services to improve school and student success.
Our services include, but are not limited to, the following:
Support for District and Building Administrators:
WIDA Standards Training
Administration training on components of sheltered instruction
Facilitate learning walks to strengthen knowledge of sheltered instruction
Support for Teachers and Para-educators:
· Crafting Content Objectives and Language Objectives
· ELP Standards Training
· Preschool Project GLAD® (ideal for kindergarten and preschool teachers)
· OCDE Project GLAD® Tier I (classroom application)
· OCDE Project GLAD® Tier II (Training of Trainers)
· OCDE Project GLAD® Certification (certification of trainers)
· Sheltered Instruction for Adolescent ELLs
· Follow-up instructional coaching and lesson demonstrations
· Analysis of students’ oral and written language
· Assessing and monitoring language growth of ELLs
· Instructional Planning: intentional use of sheltered instruction
· Individual support to recertify as an OCDE Project GLAD® Tier III
· Trainer Training for para-educators on language acquisition.
· Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP) Training.
ESD 105 Language Acquisition