Welcome to Multilingual/English Learner (m/EL) Program Services
ESD 105 partners with districts serving Multilingual/English Learners, offering support services to improve school and student success.
Our services include, but are not limited to, the following:
Support for District and Building Administrators:
- Supporting schools and districts with program design and systems level planning
- Integrated and designated English language development (ELD)
- Facilitating regional partnerships with districts who are pursuing similar priorities
- Administration training on components of sheltered instruction
- Facilitate learning walks to strengthen knowledge of sheltered instruction
- Professional Learning Communities (PLC) support
- TBIP grant writing support
Support for Teachers and Para-educators:
- WIDA English Language Development Standards
- Crafting Content Objectives and Language Objectives
- Follow-up instructional coaching and lesson demonstrations
- Analysis of students’ oral and written language
- Assessing and monitoring language growth of ELLs
- Instructional Planning: intentional use of sheltered instruction
- Training for para-educators on language acquisition.
- Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP) Training.
- PLC Support
To learn more about English language development (ELD) strategies and more services/resources we offer, please contact Samantha Ruiz-Thomas.
Our Language Acquisition Team
Titles: Executive Director Early Learning and Migrant Education
Titles: Migrant Academic Service Coordinator - ELA
Titles: Administrative Assistant