Skip To Main Content
K-5 Science Education Cooperative
Important facts about the K-5 Science Cooperative:
- Science Cooperative membership serves 20 School Districts and 3 Private Schools in South Central Washington
- The Cooperative is governed by a Science Executive Committee comprised of Administrators from member districts.
- Each Science Cooperative District provides a designated Coordinator to manage communication and module logistics.
- Science Cooperative Districts share ownership of NGSS-aligned and STC "Legacy" kits developed by non-profit research-based organizations like the Smithsonian Institution.
- Each unit is used three times during a school year by in different Science Co-op classrooms.
- Modules are refurbished by the STEM Resource Center and are delivered to classrooms ready to teach.
- Teachers receive training for each module delivered by local Master Science Teacher Trainers.