Resources for Teachers
Links to NGSS Resources:
- Next Generation Science Standards - Find Performance Expectations for your classroom and much more.
- National Science Teaching Association (NSTA) - Main page for the National Science Teaching Association and all its resources
- Science and Engineering Practices - Download a progressive K-12 "matrix" from the NGSS@NSTA Hub
- Crosscutting Concepts - Download a progressive K-12 "matrix" of the CCC's from the NGSS@NSTA Hub
- Crosscutting Concept Discussion Cards - Use as discussion scaffolds or sentence starters.
- Cross Cut Symbols - Printable PDFs, Symbols, Posters for noncommercial reuse that represent the Crosscutting Concepts
Links to Resources for Your Science Classroom
Next Generation Storylines
Quote from Next Generation Storylines website: "the Next Generation Storylines project is dedicated to providing tools that support teachers in developing, adapting, and teaching with strongly aligned NGSS materials in classrooms around the country."
This site is supported by the U.S. Forest Service and managed by the Cradle of Forestry in America Interpretive Association. You can download posters, readers, and student acitivites for K-12! Connect your students to STEM careers with the free "Scientist" cards and posters!
PhET - Interactive Simulatons for Math and Science
Founded in 2002 by Nobel Laureate Carl Wieman, the PhET Interactive Simulations project at the University of Colorado Boulder creates free interactive math and science simulations. PhET sims are based on extensive education research and engage students through an intuitive, game-like environment where students learn through exploration and discovery. You will need to register to access the resources.
Free NGSS-aligned instructional materials for Grades 6-8.
Ambitious Science Teaching
Discourse tools, lesson plans, and videos of classrooms in our state implementing NGSS innovations.
Phenomena for NGSS
This web site archives and curates ideas that could be anchor phenomena for a unit or phenomena that could support a specific lesson
STEM Teaching Tools
This site has tools that can help you teach science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Each tool is focused on a specific issue and leverages the best knowledge from research and practice.