Student Exit Roadmap
Request for Consultation Process
NLA Principal contacts the Director of Special Services (of the district in which the student attended)
- Sending School Special Services Director notifies home school principal of initiation of reintegration.
- NLA Principal will contact and inform parent/guardian of the initiation
- NLA Team initiates a new evaluation to determine qualifying areas for services.
o Evaluation to be completed by receiving school team in collaboration with NLA Team.
- NLA Team completes Transition Planning Form. NLA Principal notifies ESD 105 Special Services Director.
Exchange of Information
The following documents are sent to home district:
- Reintegration packet to include:
- Transition Planning Form
- Behavior Data
- Academic Data
Observation and Debrief Meeting
Once all documents have been received . . .
- Home School Special Education and/or General Ed. Teacher will meet and observe their student at NLA.
- NLA Teacher, Principal, and/or behavior specialist observe classroom in receiving district, Receive homeschool classroom schedule
- NLA Team meets with home school team to share:
o Student current schedule, point sheets and any other pertinent information.
NLA Principal contacts receiving school Special Services Director
- Date is set for the IEP/Re-Evaluation/Transfer Team meeting to finalize placement.
Re-Evaluation/IEP Team meeting is held to determine placement
Meeting is held with family and both NLA and receiving school staff. Meeting Goals:
- IEP is amended or new IEP is created to reflect change in placement based on current evaluation
- Student input is shared regarding their thoughts/feelings on reintegration
- Schedule is set for student to visit/tour school and general education classroom.
- Review student’s reintegration timeline schedule and determine start date.
o (Reference Student Reintegration - Transition Form)
- Share recommendations for accommodations/modifications, determine specific supports needed
- Determine specific student(s) and staff for immediate positive connections, to support in reintegration
- Receiving district confirms transportation schedule, in line with Reintegration Timeline.
Student tours their new school/classroom.
Student begins reintegration timeline schedule. NLA teaching staff communicates daily through e-mail with receiving school staff until student is fully reintegrated, at which time communication will consist of a weekly progress report.