Resources for New Employee Safety Orientations
All new employees must receive safety orientation training. The safety orientation must include at least the following elements:
- A description of your total safety and health program.
- On the job orientation showing employees what they need to know to perform their initital job assignments safely.
- How and when to report on the job injuries including instruction about the location of first aid facilities in your workplace.
- How to report unsafe conditions and practices.
- The use and care of required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- What to do in an emergency, including how to exit the workplace.
- Identification of hazardous gases, chemicals, or materials used on the job and instruction about the safe use and emergency action to take after accidental exposure.