Safety Committee Information
WAC 296-800-130 - Safety Committees:
The safety committee is a way to communicate and evaluate safety and health issues brought up by employees in the workplace.
- Your safety committee must comprise of employee elected and employer selected members. Employee elected members must equal or exceed the number of employer selected members.
- The term of employee elected members must be a maximum of one year. There is no limit to the number of terms an employer representative can serve.
- The safety committee must cover these topics:
- Review safety and health inspection reports to help correct safety hazards
- Evaluate the accident investigations conducted since the last meeting to determine if the cause of the unsafe situation was identified and corrected.
- Evaluate your workplace accident and illness prevention program and discuss recommendations for improvement, if needed.
- Document attendance and subjects discussed.
- Preserve minutes from the meeting for at least one year.