English Language Arts
ESD 105 ELA Support:
What We Offer:
The ESD 105 English Language Arts (ELA) team can work with the 25 school districts throughout our region to assist in the implementation of the Washington State Learning Standards for ELA and the Smarter Balanced Assessment System. We can offer a variety of support services that can be customized to fit your district’s needs such as:
- Job-embedded support with individual teachers, Professional Learning Communities, grade-level teams, or district leaders.
- Customized professional development learning opportunities related to specific reading, writing, listening and/or speaking topics.
- Regional workshops supporting effective ELA instruction and assessment practices that give classroom teachers a chance to network with others in our area.
- Facilitation of ESD 105 ELA Fellows Convenings.
- Differentiated instruction to meet diverse student needs.
The ELA team will be happy to partner with you and your district to provide the needed resources that will support all students’ success.
Our ELA staff includes:
Sandy Jennings (K-4 Regional Literacy coordinator and LETRS instructor)
Darcie Jamieson (Instructional Improvement coordinator and digital library specialist)
Mike ClosnerDirector Teaching & Learning Supportoffice: (509) 834-6819Sandy JenningsK-4 Literacy Coordinatoroffice: (509) 454-3106Darcie JamiesonInstructional Improvement Coordinatoroffice: (509) 454-3114Cassie GunterAdministrative Secretaryoffice: (509) 454-2486