Welcome to Special Education
The Educational Service District (ESD) 105 Special Education Department provides high quality staff development to our region's school personnel who serve students having disabilities or who are considered high-risk for learning problems. ESD offers program development, technical assistance on regulations, and instructional best practices for individuals 3 to 21 years old. We are also a liaison between school districts and the Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), and collaborate with other community agencies that support children with special needs.
ESDs across the state provide a resource for networking and a level of consistency in programming. Each ESD works in special education with OSPI to :
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings on special education with local school districts.
- Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with OSPI Special Education staff.
- Assist OSPI's Special Education Department with implementing the goals and objectives of the special education State Improvement Plan and State Improvement Grant.
- Provide professional development through special education modules developed by the OSPI Special Education staff and school district personnel, and continue to provide training for special education staff.
- Provide assistance to local districts with pre-planning for the Consolidated Program Review with appropriate assistance to the local districts that have completed their reviews.