Fiscal Services also assists OSPI by processing and approving district budgets, financial and other required reports, and data for the statewide personnel and student enrollment systems. We serve as a liaison between the State Superintendent of Public Instruction's Office, Division of Financial Services, and local school districts. Our department also provides business, accounting and facilities support for ESD 105.
The ESD 105 Fiscal Services department assists the 25 public school districts and 23 private schools in the ESD 105 region with a broad range of services that affect business, accounting, regulatory compliance, insurance, transportation and grants management operations.
Our Services and Responsibilities
• Financial consultation and assistance for school districts on audits, budgeting, and compliance with state rules and regulations on annual and special reports
• Sharing of information on legislation, property tax levies, state funding calculations, and investment planning through school district consultations and regular meetings with district and school business managers
• Training, consultation, and technical assistance as various due dates and requirements occur throughout the year
• Processing and approval of budgets, budget extensions, and financial reports
• Certification of school district tax levies
• Management of grants that aid districts and schools in providing programs important to student success through our ability to build partnerships and leverage multiple funding sources
• Implementing and managing cooperatives for services of mutual benefit to our school districts
• Processing and reporting student and personnel data through our South Central Regional Data Center, which is also the regional data center for the Washington School Information Processing Cooperative
• Ensuring safe operation and maintenance of our region's school transportation vehicles through our Regional Pupil Transportation service