LETRS Trainings - Registration is now open!
LETRS (Language Essentials for Teachers of Reading & Spelling) is a professional development program that provides participants with the deep foundational knowledge necessary to understand how students learn to read, write and spell - and why some struggle in these areas.
ESD 105 is offering the following trainings in LETRS:
October 8, 2019 - Module 1 (The Challenge of Learning to Read) Session ID# 124287 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
October 23, 2019 - Module 2 (Speech Sounds of English: Phonetics, Phonology and Phoneme Awareness) Session ID# 124292 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
November 13, 2019 - Module 3 (Spellography for Teachers: How English Spelling Works) Session ID# 124293 CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Each training comes with a copy of the appropriate Module book. Fee is $50.00. 6 clock hours available for each session.
ESD 105 ELA Support:
What We Offer:
The ESD 105 English Language Arts (ELA) team can work with the 25 school districts throughout our region to assist in the implementation of the Washington State Learning Standards for ELA and the Smarter Balanced Assessment System. We can offer a variety of support services that can be customized to fit your district’s needs such as:
- Job-embedded support with individual teachers, Professional Learning Communities, grade-level teams, or district leaders.
- Customized professional development learning opportunities related to specific reading, writing, listening and/or speaking topics.
- Regional workshops supporting effective ELA instruction and assessment practices that give classroom teachers a chance to network with others in our area.
- Facilitation of ESD 105 ELA Fellows Convenings.
- Differentiated instruction to meet diverse student needs.
The ELA team will be happy to partner with you and your district to provide the needed resources that will support all students’ success.
Our ELA staff includes:
Sandy Jennings Darcie Jamieson
K-4 Regional Literacy Instructional Improvement
LETRS Instructor Digital Library Specialist
Mike ClosnerDirector Teaching & Learning Supportoffice: (509) 834-6819Sandy JenningsK-4 Literacy Coordinatoroffice: (509) 454-3106Darcie JamiesonInstructional Improvement Coordinatoroffice: (509) 454-3114Cassie GunterAdministrative Secretaryoffice: (509) 454-2486